Body-image disturbance, as a consequence of disfigurement, affects a large number of people especially women, yet there is little research into the psychosocial consequences as well as care and support for these persons.
Care for Appearance matters and Confidence Building (CACB), an initiative of VITSAF, is a support group dedicated to awareness, confidence building, providing information, emotional support, educational programs and economic empowerment to primarily women with Appearance challenge, altered image and skin imperfections and to their families.
CACB is working towards joining other networks to participate in programs of public education and awareness.
- To improve the Quality of Life (QoL) of individuals with appearance matters
- To assist all persons with altered image and skin imperfections to accept self, have a positive self-image and self-esteem so that they can participate fully in their communities.
- To encourage people with disfigurement to share their experiences, struggles and hopes
- To help them build the courage to face life again and
- To economically empower them
Building confidence and self-esteem is a process that needs a lot of effort, courage and patience. Confidence and Self-esteem is defined as the absolute faith in our self and our abilities. Confidence includes self-esteem and dignity and the belief that we are able to carry out and meet any challenge or dilemma in our life. Self-confidence is the way we talk to ourselves for ourselves!
We welcome all with Appearance matters including people whose appearance differences are present at birth, skin conditions, burns, accident, or develop as a result of health conditions, illness or trauma.
We offer an opportunity to be connected and understood.
We welcome collaboration and partnership to enable us achieve our set goals!
To become involved, email email@example.com or click here to see other ways to contact us.