Vitiligo Support and Awareness Foundation (VITSAF) is a general membership, not-for-profit, patient driven, patient-advocate organization incorporated in Nigeria and passionately concerned about the needs of individuals living with Vitiligo skin imperfections, altered images and autoimmune disorders primarily in Africa, helping ameliorate the agony people suffer as a result of turning from black to white and altered image. VITSAF is the first and only organization in West Africa presently focusing on Vitiligo, Skin health and Appearance matters.
VITSAF is concerned about the needs of women living with altered images and skin imperfections; VITSAF derives its existence and emergence as a result of lack of understanding and support for individuals distressed by Vitiligo, altered images, autoimmune disorders and skin health in Nigeria and Africa where so many assumptions about the conditions holds sway.
The Foundation was founded about three years ago with intending headquarters in Abuja, a field office in Lagos and Vitiligo Support group offices in six geopolitical zones in Nigeria and across Africa. We have inspired and encouraged vitiligo support groups in South Africa – Beyond Vitiligo, Vitiligo Society Kenya (VISOKE), Vitiligo Namibia, Vitiligo Support Botswana, Vitiligo Support Uganda, Ethiopia and technically supporting them.
VITSAF is so concerned and passionate about bringing Vitiligo Cause to the World center stage and achieving World Vitiligo Day – June 25th. VITSAF is dedicated to improve the quality of life (QoL) of the distressed through our creative and strategic initiatives.
- Extensive vitiligo awareness/enlightenment campaign
- World Vitiligo Day – 25 June
- Vitiligo Support Groups
- Entertainment Education – Motivate behavior change and Increased Awareness around skin imperfections and unusual visual appearance.
- Empowerment projects/programs for primarily women with altered images
- Care for Appearance matters and Confidence Building
- Skin Camouflage Clinic
- Vitiligo Support/Resource Center
- Vitiligo Treatment Center
- Walk for Skin Health
- Understanding autoimmune Disorder (primary focus – women)